RHS GOALS Students vs. Staff volleyball game

Kierra Frazier, Staff Writer

On Tuesday afternoon during 4th period, November 6, there was a student vs staff volleyball game that took place in the RHS main gym. This event was hosted by RHS leadership students.

This game was a way for on the GOALS students that attend Renton to have a good time being around others and being involved in a sport. Being involved with sports and being with others is good for on the GOALS kids because it builds a sense of self-confidence and improves skills in relationship building and working as part of a team.

It was a blessing to have been there, to watch how hard these students played, how well they worked together as a team and how they never gave up when something challenging came their way.

Not only were the players on the court having a good time, the audience was having a good time as well. Multiple teachers brought their 4th period classes to be the audience. They were cheering the whole time, yelling words of encouragement, holding up signs, also waving their pom poms. It was cool to see how supportive and accepting Renton students can be towards everybody.

Ms. Neuschwander, the leadership teacher, shared her perspective on helping to host this event.

This is a way for the students and staff to connect more and get to know the GOALS students. It is also a way of making them feel more like a part of Renton High School rather than separated,” explained Neuschander.

RHS is looking forward to more events like this in the future.