How Having Technological Classes In Schools Can Benefit Students

An image of students working together on a small engineering project

Abdul Atto Mohammad, Journalist

The world is going into a more digital age where the programming and technology industry are  booming and workers are becoming more in demand. Some schools have already started to adopt  some form of teaching students about programming, and technology, but it still needs to be pushed  more. At Renton High School, we currently have classes such as cyber security and computer  science, but we may need a class more dedicated to just teaching the fundamentals of how to use  a computer efficiently to some students who may not have as much experience using one. 

It may be required to take at least 1 class dedicated to technology in the following years, which is a  great addition because it would encourage students to take more classes in the field if they  enjoyed it. An article from DePaul University speaks about teaching computer science and how it  helps develop multiple skills, such as problem solving, critical thinking, and complex analytical  skills, which are great skills that can be applied  to other careers.  

Programming can also become a hobby for some kids because of the joy of creating a  program and seeing it works as intended. In addition, they may learn how to ask the right questions when  trying to solve problems and also get to use their creativity. It opens up many opportunities, and career choices for students to become interested in the future. To summarize, computer and  technology classes as a whole would benefit students a great deal if they were added to more schools. 

Source: https://globalgateway.depaul.edu/blog/8-reasons-to-study-computer-science-at-university