GESA Credit Union

GESA Credit Union

Ja'Lohn Menyweather

Update 11/21/23:

Gesa Credit Union, Now Open! The Gesa Credit Union branch at Renton High School is now open and welcoming new members. The branch will be open every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during both lunches. Wondering how to become a member? All you have to do is correctly complete and return a membership form that can be picked up from the branch in the commons during lunch on any of the three days. Gesa is also having a back to school campaign called Keeping it 100! Basically, any student who signs up for an account before winter break, and completes 5 transactions (deposit/withdraw no less than a dollar) on 5 different days at the branch, gets $100 deposited by Gesa into their savings account.
For staff members with Gesa accounts, if you would like to perform transactions at the school branch, you will need to fill out a form allowing the student tellers to make those transactions on your behalf. Make sure to stop by the branch in the commons to learn more about the exciting opportunities they have to come!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Have you been wondering what the whole GESA Credit Union thing that was being mentioned in the school’s commons was about? 

First of all, GESA Credit Union is a financial cooperative and basically acts like a bank. The credit union supports our local schools (Linberg, Renton, Hazen, Talley) and have made four new co-branded debit cards for students to use. Each time one of these cards are used, they will make a donation to each of the four schools.

The opening of the GESA Credit Union will be opening in September, right after school starts up again. It will be a real branch of GESA Credit Union and will be run by students from the Marketing Store Operations class.  Students will be able to open student checking accounts, where they will be able to deposit or withdraw money from their accounts and partake in other banking activities. The students who sign up for the Marketing Store Operations class will be working in the credit union and will learn more about the banking industry and how it uses marketing as a platform. 

This information came from the DECA teacher, Kristy Baker, who’s in charge of the Credit Union right here at our school. To get in contact with Ms. Baker, we recommend emailing her through her school email kristy.baker1@rentonschools.us. More information came from The Renton Reporter, 

https://www.rentonreporter.com/news/renton-school-district-partners-with-credit-union-for-school-spirit-debit-cards/. You can also visit the credit unions website https://www.gesa.com/