2019-2020 Renton High School Football Season Recap

Jalen Johnson, Staff Writer

“Never judge your season in one dayâ€Now that the 2019 season is officially in the books we can now take a look back at the season through the eyes of the Renton Indians Football Team using statistics that I have compiled, I will go through what went right, what went wrong. The Renton Indians ended the season 4 wins and 5 losses in the 2019 season, row, include player injury and conflict to the heart of the team. What Went Right ?Despite early struggles the team came together and flourished with the lead of their star players Terrence Meneese and Kevin Davis. They swept past their rival schools in blowout fashion  beating Lindbergh High School 40-21. Two weeks later The Indians stomped on the Foster Bulldogs 57-34. The Indians finished one game shy of being Division Champs. With the graduation of seniors this year, the lower classmen should be able to pick up where seniors left off next season with their offense star power.What Went Wrong ? The Indians are talented on both sides of the ball, yet they gave up many unanswered points on defense this season. Throughout their 10 games this year (score not reported on last game) gave up 250 points on defense. Injuries to players like Kevin Davis early in the season seriously lowered the offense ceiling for the Indians. Many Key Players will graduate this year leaving the lower class-men to carry the torch. The absence of Senior Terrence Meneese, Jamal Jamerson, Luciano Castillo, and the rest of the loaded 2020 class there will be left a huge skill gap and leadership for the Indians next year.In ConclusionAfter a blistering start, the loss of Quarterback Kevin Davis and other key players the team still persevered through many trials and obstacles finishing the season off 4-5. They also, finished second in their division with a record of 3-1. We will see what is in store for the Indians in the 2020 season by the up and coming and returning Key Players with Sophomore Kevin Davis leading the pack Go Indians!

RHS Football team
RHS Indians