Multicultural Spirit Week!!

Nyat Meharry, Journalist, Writer

(A picture of the Renton Redhawks logo)

Did you hear? The Renton Redhawks have hosted another Multicultural show! Leading up to this eventful show, we have our very own spirit week to celebrate our different cultures. But before I tell you about spirit week, what even is Multicultural week and why do we celebrate it? 

Multicultural week is something that the Redhawks admire a lot because it showcases our diversity, as well as how different our school is. During this time, students have the opportunity to discover and share their amazing cultures from different dances, foods, traditions, and more! 

Now, what happened during this year’s spirit week? On Monday, February 6th, we had “Learn To Say ‘Hello,’ ‘Love,’ and ‘Unity’ in another language!” Students got to learn new words in different languages and share them with friends and teachers. 

Tuesday, February 7th, we had “Flag Day!” Students got to wear colors of their flag to represent themselves, their country, or a popular culture! 

Wednesday, February 8th, was “Cultural/Traditional Clothing Day,” where you could wear the traditional clothing of a country or wear a shirt with the country’s name on it. You could also wear shirts with music/band/artist shirts that are connected with said culture.

Thursday, February 9th, we got to “Wear Social Justice Clothing.” You could wear shirts and items connected to different social justices or issues and represent them.

Friday, February 10th, was our last day of spirit week and it was “Wear Renton Spirit Gear.” We got to wear our school colors, jerseys, and other things that resembled our school spirit. 

In conclusion… t8his year’s Multicultural Week was a success! I hope everyone enjoyed our multicultural week as much as I did. If you missed it or are hoping to see it again, you’re in luck! It happens every year with different people with different backgrounds showcasing cultures and traditions a lot of us never even knew about.