Showing Pride

Britney Castaneda, Journalist, Writer

Spirit week at Renton High School is coming to a rise and students can’t seem to hide their pride. With it being the second spirit week since the 2022-2023 school year began, Spirit week took place on the week of October 24 through October 28, 2022. Spirit week was a success, students were participating and getting themselves involved with these activities and really enjoying them. Mrs.Mccullough who is the ASB and Leadership teacher here at RHS says “Spirit week is intended to encourage camaraderie, a positive culture, and unity among students at The Renton High.” She mentions that, ideally the goal is to have students to enjoy coming to school and showing their school spirit. Spirit days are chosen by ASB and Leadership classes and sometimes there are ideas that are rejected in order to have everyone feel safe and in a respectful environment. This being said a variety of RHS students participated during the week showing their school spirit and feeling involved with everyone else.

Monday 10/24- Croc Day
Tuesday 10/25- Fall Colors
WEdnesday 10/26- Pink Day
Thursday 10/27- Cultural Day
Friday 10/28- Marvel vs DC

All images from “Renton Spirit Squad” on instagram :
Monday : An image of RHS students rocking their crocs for croc day.

Tuesday: An image of RHS students smiling to capture their participation in Fall colors.

Wednesday: An image of RHS students and staff smiling for pink day.

Thursday: An image of RHS student (Sammy Sanchez) representing her flag for cultural day.

Friday:An image of RHS students in the library reading books as well as participating in Marvel
vs DC

Sources:
SELF KNOWLEDGE ( Leadership)
MRS.MCCULLOUGH ( leadership and ASB teacher at Renton High School)
RHS STUDENTS