DECA Fall Leadership Conference

Riley Opiniano, Head Photojournalist

As November rolls around, DECA students all over washington gather for the annual Fall Leadership Conference (FLC). This year, FLC was held in Bellevue, Washington at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. DECA; an international association of high school students within marketing, management and entrepreneurship in business, finance, hospitality, and marketing sales and service. DECA members learn to serve as leaders and have opportunity for local, state and national recognition. DECA’s purpose is to prepare well-adjusted, employable citizens. In the annual fall leadership conference, DECA teams from all over washington gather to practice real life business scenarios, while getting the chance to meet with individuals straight from the marketing world. The fall conference is a great chance for students to expand their minds and open their eyes to possible life long careers.

From Renton High School’s DECA, I got the chance to meet with this years DECA president, Adonis Clemente. “I joined DECA to capitalize my business knowledge along with my IB business course” quoted by President Adonis. DECA’s positive work style has helped students all over the world understand that their dreams are achievable. Even if you choose not to be apart of the business world, DECA still allows students to learn how to not only survive, but thrive in the real world. President Adonis states,“It [DECA] has helped me by allowing myself to attend conferences that educate me in business.” DECA has not only made a physical impact on the lives of others, but has broken through the emotional barriers many can’t defy. Overcoming that fear of speaking, that fear of not being good enough, DECA can teach you how to become the best possible you.